"Joy is the realest reality, the fullest life, and joy is always given, never grasped...."

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

First Step...New Beginnings

So,...now is the time. I need to start blogging....journaling...writing down the amazing things that the Lord is showing me, leading me to do, and guiding me through. Today my sister and brother in law are in Uganda. A land I have been to before. A land I love...and pray for daily. They are sleeping in their mosquito net covered beds,...with my sweet brand new niece Amaris Mariam next to them, whom God has placed so tenderly, and unquestionably, in their hands. The courts ruled today. She is theirs. She is grafted in. Never to be without them again. Just like we, who have accepted Christ's love and sacrifice, are adopted into His grace and salvation...becoming His child forever, never to be without Him again.

And I sit here. In their house. With their three boys I am staying with while they are on the other side of the world. Bubbling with thoughts and energy and nearly exploding with excitement. And I can't help but think....

When is it my turn?

Can I go back to Uganda too Lord?

Can I adopt too?

Can I please go live among your sweet children (young and old) and love with Your hands and see with Your eyes over there in Africa's fertile land?

Can I go?

Me, Lord, me!!

And yet I sit.

Waiting.

He has a plan for me. I'm living it. I can't see tomorrow's destination. I am only in today. And that is all He has called me to. To be with Him today.

So I'll sit and wait on Him...to light the next step of my path tomorrow.

One step closer towards Him....

1 comment:

  1. DELIGHT yourself in the Lord and HE WILL GIVE YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART. .........BE STILL before the Lord and WAIT PATIENTLY ON HIM! Ps 37:4 & 7. My.life's.moto.

    Standing beside and behind you-supporting you as you wait for HIS timingi...but not in front of you-b/c I do NOT want to get plowed over when you get the GREEN LIGHT...cause I KNOW it's coming. ;o)

    Luv u.

    ReplyDelete